Brochure Type: Europe & Britain Premium 2019
True to its name, this escorted journey showcases the best that Spain has to offer: the Alhambra, the modernist architecture of Barcelona, Madrid's Prado Museum, the Andalucian capital of Seville and Cordoba's Mezquita, to name but a few.
- Valencia: Meet a local chef of a family-run restaurant in the heart of the Old City and learn the traditional recipe of paella during a Cooking Demonstration before savouring the flavours of this classic dish for dinner, washed down with a glass of Sangria, during your Highlight Dinner.
- Seville: Get ready for colourful dancers and the rhythmic stomp of flamenco as you experience a fiery evening of Spanish dance and cuisine.
- Madrid: Honest culinary traditions and a fiesta of fresh ingredients are the hallmarks of your Spanish Celebration Dinner. The perfect accompaniment to good conversation and a chilled glass of beer or wine.
- Dining Summary: 8 Breakfasts (B) and 5 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Granada: Join a Local Expert at the Alhambra Palace, the ultimate in Moorish architecture, an arabesque fantasy in stone, complemented by the glorious Generalife gardens.
- Madrid: Witness the world's finest collection of Spanish paintings, plus an impressive foreign collection, as you tour the Prado Museum with an art historian.
- Valencia: The Barcelo Valencia hotel is situated right in the centre of the City of Arts and Sciences, opposite the Queen Sofia Palace of Arts, a building designed by the renowned architect Santiago Calatrava and is situated in one of the most modern and attractive areas of the city.
- Madrid: Located on Madrid's most chic avenue, the Hesperia Madrid is a centrally located, modern hotel offering comfortable and contemporary rooms.
- Barcelona: Explore the medieval maze of the Barri Gotic, the Gothic Quarter, with your Local Expert and travel along Passeig de Gracia to see the elegant wrought-iron street lamps and flamboyant Modernist buildings.
- Barcelona: Venture inside Gaudi's extraordinary masterpiece, the Sagrada Familia and marvel at the contrasts of architecture. Above see its giant, tree-like pillars and spectacular vaulting. Admire the wonderful rainbow of the incredible stained-glass windows.
- Peniscola: See the castle featured in the film 'El Cid'.
- Valencia: See the ultra-modern Centre of Arts and Sciences and the huge gates of the old town, Torres de Serranos and Torres de Quart.
- Granada: Explore 'The City of the Pomegranate' with a Local Expert. During sightseeing you'll see the icons dedicated to this fruit throughout the city.
- Seville: Explore with your Local Expert visiting the Plaza de Espana in Maria Luisa Park, strolling through the Santa Cruz Quarter and see the gates to the Alcazar.
- Seville: Step inside the impressive cathedral, passing the altarpiece dripping with gold and marvel at the Tomb of Columbus, held aloft by four kings. Afterwards, perhaps walk the ramps of the Giralda Tower for views over the city.
- Cordoba: See the 2,000-year-old Roman bridge and spend some time exploring the town.
- Cordoba: Explore the incredible Mezquita with your Local Expert. Admire the forest of horseshoe arches and learn how this building symbolises many of Cordoba's religious changes over the centuries.
- Madrid: With your Local Expert, see the Royal Palace, the monument to Cervantes in the Plaza de Espana, the grandiose Cibeles Fountain, Parliament and Puerta del Sol.
- Scenic Drives: Relax and enjoy the views as your travel along Costa Dorada, Ebro Delta, Costa Blanca, through Sierra Nevada, Andalucia, the Guadalquivir Valley and across the Plains of La Mancha.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Call 1 (800) 658-0869 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14239752
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 3/31/2019
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Barcelona||Welcome to Barcelona.: Airport transfers depart from Barcelona airport for your hotel at 09:30, 12:30 and 15:00. Join your Travel Director and fellow travellers at 18:00 for your Welcome Dinner in a local restaurant. (Dinner with Wine)|
Barcelo Sants, Barcelona.
|Day 2||Barcelona||Barcelona, the City of Gaudi.: With your Local Expert, explore the narrow lanes and old squares behind the cathedral in the Barri Gotic, Gothic Quarter. See the lively Las Ramblas and then head along the Passeig de Gracia, adorned with elegant wrought-iron street lamps and some of the most flamboyant Modernist buildings. Continue through the Eixample district for a visit inside Gaudi's extraordinary masterpiece, the Sagrada Familia, to see the central nave with its giant, tree-like pillars, spectacular vaulting and the beautiful rainbows flooding in through the intricate stained-glass windows. Enjoy a free afternoon to explore. (Breakfast)|
Barcelo Sants, Barcelona.
|Day 3||Valencia||Along the Orange Blossom Coast to Valencia.: Follow the sunny Costa Dorada, past the rice fields of the Ebro Delta to stop at the seaside resort of Peniscola and see the hilltop castle, used in the film 'El Cid'. Pass through the famous orange groves to Valencia, the City of Arts and Sciences. Pass the Old City and see its ancient gates to reach your hotel. Valencia is home to one of the world's greatest dishes, paella. Meet the chef of a local family-run restaurant in the heart of the Old City and learn the traditional recipe during a Cooking Demonstration, before savouring the delicious flavours of this classic dish, washed down with a glass of sangria, during your Highlight Dinner. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 4||Granada||Sierra Nevada, Alhambra and on to Granada.: Travel south toward Andalucia, passing the the castle at Lorca and troglodyte dwellings hollowed out of the soft rock near Guadix. Enjoy views of the Sierra Nevada from a distance as you reach glorious Granada. This historical city was a Moorish Kingdom for almost 781 years and was the last stronghold to fall to the Catholic Monarchs of Spain in 1492. The afternoon is at your leisure to explore as you wish. Perhaps join an Optional Experience to the Albaicin Quarter with a Local Expert and fall in love with Granada as you learn about its pivotal role in European history. Overlooking Granada stands one of the most remarkable fortresses ever built, the Alhambra. Led by your Local Expert, explore this exquisite palace built as a citadel by the Moors in the 13th century - a fantasy of arabesque gardens, fountains and stone cut like lace. Stroll through the elegant exotic gardens of the Generalife, the Royal summer residence. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 5||Seville||A Scenic Drive to Seville.: Continue your travels to Seville past gleaming white villages and olive groves that stretch as far as the eye can see. This stunning capital of Andalucia is one of Spain's most charming highlights and with the afternoon at your leisure, you are free to explore this delightful city as you wish. (Breakfast)|
Melia Sevilla, Seville.
|Day 6||Seville||Seville, the City of Carmen.: Seville has a distinctive character and presence that is best revealed by a Local Expert. During your stay, visit the Plaza de Espana in Maria Luisa Park. Then stroll through the fashionable Santa Cruz Quarter with its attractive wrought-iron balconies laden with flowers. Emerge by the well-preserved Alcazar, a Moorish fantasy in stone, set in richly scented gardens. Visit the massive Seville Cathedral, burial place of Christopher Columbus and enriched with the spoils of the New World. The energetic may wish to walk the ramps of the Giralda Tower, the former minaret of the Great Mosque, to enjoy panoramic views over the city. In the evening, enjoy dinner with wine and be entertained as you share the passion of Spain's most fiery region during a flamenco show. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Melia Sevilla, Seville.
|Day 7||Madrid||Moorish Cordoba and on to Madrid.: Set off early along the Guadalquivir Valley, passing villages and towns studded with Moorish towers and fortresses. Stop in the perfectly preserved Moorish city of Cordoba and see the famous 2,000-year-old Roman Bridge. Meet a local historian and visit to the magnificent Mezquita, a beautiful 8th century mosque with a Christian cathedral built inside it. Make the most of your time at leisure and stroll the narrow streets of the Old Jewish Quarter. Follow in the footsteps of Don Quixote as you travel through the Mancha and on to the capital - Madrid. (Breakfast)|
Barcelo Torre de Madrid/Hotel Hesperia Madrid.
|Day 8||Madrid||Madrid of the Bourbons.: Join your Local Expert for sightseeing along the noble avenues. See the monument to Cervantes in the Plaza de Espana. Continue past the Cibeles Fountain and the Parliament to cross the Puerta del Sol. Visit the Prado Museum with an art historian, a magnificent palace housing works by Velazquez, Goya, Titian, Rubens and others. The afternoon is at your leisure to relax at a cafe, shop in the trendy boutiques or perhaps enjoy an Optional Experience to beautiful Toledo? In the evening, join your Travel Director and newfound friends at a local restaurant in the heart of the city. Toast to your adventures as you enjoy a delicious Celebration Dinner of regional favourites, served with wine. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Barcelo Torre de Madrid/Hotel Hesperia Madrid.
|Day 9||Madrid||Farewell Madrid.: Board your onward flight, taking home memories of this exciting journey. Departure transfers arrive at Madrid Airport at 07:00, 09:00 and 11:00. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. (4a) This departure will stay at Melia Lebreros in Seville.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class