Brochure Type: 2021 Europe & Beyond Preview
From the home of Shakespeare, to the moors of Scotland and the beautiful Cornish Countryside, this really is the best of all that Britain offers.
- Cornwall: Savour an unforgettable Celebration Dinner at Heskyn Mill. Join your Travel Director and newfound friends for the ultimate Farm-to-Table dining experience with mouthwatering meals prepared from organic seasonal produce, freshly-picked from the surrounding fields, and of course served with a glass of wine.
- Dining Summary: 10 Breakfasts (B), 1 Dinner (D) and 2 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Edinburgh: A hush descends and eyes turn to the castle. The skirl of the pipes rises and drums crack the night air as a tide of tunics and tartan flood from the drawbridge. For a limited time in August, witness the incredible spectacle of the Edinburgh Military Tattoo.
- Stratford: To see or not to see? Visit the timber-framed building where Shakespeare was born and grew up. Then enjoy some time to explore this pretty town.
- York: Walk with your Travel Director within the city walls to see the York Minster and crocked Shambles.
- Hadrian's Wall: Stop to see part of the ancient wall that once marked the border of the Roman Empire.
- Jedburgh: See the Abbey, now in ruins.
- Edinburgh: Walk with a Local Expert within the walls of the majestic castle perched on its rock, to view the Scottish Crown Jewels, Stone of Destiny and Mons Meg.
- Edinburgh: Your Local Expert reveals why this is Scotland's City of Culture. Explore the city as you travel along Princes Street to see the Scott Memorial, the neoclassical Adam facades of New Town and the official Scottish residence of the Queen, Palace of Holyroodhouse.
- Glasgow: See the grand public buildings, including George Square and St. Mungo's Cathedral.
- Stirling: Travel via the historic site of Bannockburn and view Stirling Castle.
- Grasmere: Learn about the life of the poet William Wordsworth and visit his grave.
- Ludlow: See the walls of the castle and Jacobean buildings.
- Cardiff: During an orientation with your Travel Director, see the castle and Principality Stadium.
- Bath: Visit the ancient Roman Baths with its colonnaded pool filled by natural thermal springs. Explore the city with your Travel Director and witness the town's fine Georgian architecture.
- Bath: During an orientation you will see the Royal Crescent, Pulteney Bridge and Bath Abbey.
- Glastonbury: Pass the ruined Abbey where King Arthur is allegedly buried when you visit this town, famous for its yearly music festival.
- Plymouth: During your orientation tour with your Travel Director see Plymouth Hoe and the Citadel then continue to the Barbican and Mayflower Steps. Then head out to explore a quaint Cornish fishing village.
- Stonehenge: Visit the mysterious circle of upright stones, which stands as strong today as it did 3,500 years ago.
- Scenic Drives: Enjoy the beautiful Scottish countryside and scenery of the Trossachs and Loch Lomond before continuing through the English Lake District, over Severn Bridge and past Dartmoor and the Welsh Marshes.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- You may purchase transfers from/to London Heathrow and Gatwick airports on arrival and departure days, or when additional night accommodation has been booked through Insight Vacations. Alternatively, please make your own way from/to the airport.
Call 1 (800) 658-0869 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15110161
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 12/31/2020
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||London||Welcome to London: Welcome to London. After checking into your hotel, the afternoon is free to enjoy a city that is famous for its pomp and pageantry. Perhaps relax with a walk along the Serpentine in Hyde Park or window shop in the elegant boutiques of Knightsbridge? Alternatively, you may want to stroll along the Thames to the iconic Tower Bridge and Tower of London.|
The Grosvenor Hotel/Amba Hotel Marble Arch, London.
|Day 2||York||London, Stratford-upon-Avon and Medieval York.: At 07:30, meet your Travel Director to begin your journey north to Stratford-upon-Avon with its wealth of black and white timber-framed buildings. Discover how William Shakespeare and his incredible works continue to shape society today when you visit his birthplace, full of interesting memorabilia and artefacts relating to his life. Continue to historic York to stroll the narrow lanes including the Shambles and view York Minster, England's largest medieval cathedral. Later, join your Travel Director for a warm and friendly Welcome Dinner with the opportunity to mingle other over a pleasant evening. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 3||Edinburgh||Hadrian's Wall to Edinburgh: See a part of Hadrian's Wall, once spanning 80 miles from coast to coast, marking the northern frontier of the mighty Roman Empire. Continue past Jedburgh Abbey en route to the Scottish capital, Edinburgh for your two-night stay in this stunning city. (Breakfast)|
MacDonald Holyrood Hotel, Edinburgh.
|Day 4||Edinburgh||Edinburgh Sightseeing.: In the morning, join a Local Expert to see the Palace of Holyroodhouse, the official Scottish residence of Her Majesty, the Queen, at the end of the Royal Mile. Continue past the Sir Walter Scott Monument to the 18th century New Town with its neoclassical Adam facades. Visit Edinburgh Castle, home of the Honours of Scotland, to view Mons Meg, with the option to see the Stone of Destiny. The afternoon is at leisure. In the evening, select departures will attend the spectacular Military Tattoo - a colourful mix of pipes and drums, dance and display, set against the floodlit backdrop of Edinburgh Castle. (Breakfast)|
MacDonald Holyrood Hotel, Edinburgh.
|Day 5||Glasgow||Loch Lomond to Glasgow.: Drive via historic Bannockburn and Stirling and enjoy the scenery of the Trossachs. Continue along the Bonnie Banks of Loch Lomond, before arriving in Glasgow for an orientation of the city with your Travel Director. See the grand public buildings, including George Square and St. Mungo's Cathedral. (Breakfast)|
Radisson Blu Glasgow.
|Day 6||Windermere||The Glorious Lake District.: Travel via Gretna Green to the English Lake District, with scenery so beautiful it inspired a host of writers. Learn about the life of William Wordsworth and visit his grave in the picturesque, stone-built village of Grasmere. (Breakfast / Dinner)|
Macdonald Old England Hotel and Spa, Windermere.
|Day 7||Cardiff||The Welsh Marches and Cardiff.: Stop in ancient Ludlow, one of England's most attractive towns, dominated by its castle, rich in tragic royal history. Why not spend time exploring the traditional open-air market, admiring the local crafts and perhaps sampling the produce? Afterwards, cross into southern Wales and head for the capital city of Cardiff for an orientation of the port city, upon the River Taff. See Cardiff Castle and the impressive Principality Stadium. (Breakfast)|
Clayton Hotel Cardiff.
|Day 8||Georgian Bath and Cornwall||Georgian Bath and Cornwall.: Cross the Severn Bridge back into England and drive to the Georgian City of Bath, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Built amphitheatre-style on the surrounding hills and above one of Britain's thermal, mineral springs, its curative waters have been famous since Roman times. See the 15th century Abbey Church with angels climbing Jacob's Ladder. Visit the Roman Baths to see the incredibly well-preserved remains of one of the greatest spas of the ancient world, still flowing with the natural hot water from the springs below. Continue on to Glastonbury, steeped in legend and reputed to be the final resting place of King Arthur and the Holy Grail. Then head to your fabulous resort in the Cornish countryside. (Breakfast)|
St. Mellion International Resort, Saltash, Cornish Coast.
|Day 9||Cornish Coast||The Cornish Coast Experience.: In the morning, visit a quaint Cornish fishing village. Explore Devon with Insight Choice. Choose between a walk and foraging experience in Dartmoor or a scenic cruise of Plymouth harbour to see the Barbican, Citadel, Plymouth Hoe and the Mayflower Steps, from where the Pilgrim Fathers set sail for America. Return via the hilly countryside of Dartmoor, home to wild ponies. For your Celebration Dinner, join your Travel Director and newfound friends for a Farm-to-Table dining experience of freshly prepared west country produce. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
St. Mellion International Resort, Saltash, Cornish Coast.
|Day 10||London||Ancient Stonehenge and London.: Travel across Salisbury Plain to visit the pre-historic and mysterious Stonehenge, where the strange and awe-inspiring monoliths are reputed to be up to 5,000 years old. Your journey concludes upon arrival at The Grosvenor Hotel in London. (Breakfast)|
The Grosvenor Hotel
|Day 11||Homeward Bound||Homeward Bound.: Your journey comes to an end after breakfast. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: This is a 2021 Preview itinerary. Please refer to the Preview booking conditions page for full terms and conditions.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class