Spectacular natural scenery, historical sights, and exciting cities await you on this fantastic tour through Mediterranean Eastern Europe, including Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, and Slovenia.If you're fascinated by beautiful views, this Eastern Europe tour will delight as you surround yourself in the greens and blues of this exhilarating vacation. In Croatia, you'll visit Plitvice National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site famous for its lakes, waterfalls, and forests. You'll experience Croatia's Dalmatian coast, with a beautiful coastline and dramatic limestone cliffs. You'll also visit the Postojna Caves in Slovenia, with its web of tunnels and stalactites, via a train ride and walking tour-allowing you to see what are possibly Europe's most extensive and best-known caves. If you're interested in historical sights and UNESCO World Heritage Sites, you'll be thrilled on this tour through Eastern Europe. Visit Dubrovnik's Franciscan Monastery, with a history dating back to the 1300s, and Rector's Palace, a gothic-renaissance palace dating to the 15th century. In Split, visit Jupiter Temple, built for worshipping the Roman God and the Roman emperor Diocletian, and the 4th-century Diocletian's Palace, a well-preserved fortress and UNESCO World Heritage Site. In Mostar, see the Old Bridge, the city's symbol built in the 16th century, and Turkish House, built in 1635 and one of the best-preserved residential structures from the Turkish period. Finally, in Sarajevo, visit Gazi Husrev-Beg Mosque, built in 1530 and the most important architectural monument from the time of Ottoman rule. This value-minded Eastern Europe tour through Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, and Slovenia is simply a magnificent vacation!
Call 1 (800) 658-0869 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16578320
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2022
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Ljubljana||Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to explore some of Ljubljana, Slovenia's capital, with the help of the CosmosGO app. Tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers. (D)|
|Day 2||Zadar||Undoubtedly, one of the highlights on this tour is a visit to the Postojna Caves. Your included visit is comprised of a train ride and a walking tour, which will allow you to see what are possibly Europe's most extensive and best-known caves. Then, into Croatia, traveling along the coast to Zadar. Over the centuries, Zadar was ruled by Venetians, Austro/Hungarians, by Italy after WWI, and today it belongs to Croatia. Learn more during the included guided tour.Today's Distance: 217 mi/ 350 km (B,D)|
|Day 3||Dubrovnik||Drive south to Split to visit with a Local Guide the former hometown of Roman Emperor Diocletian, his Palace, and Jupiter Temple, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. See more of the lovely Dalmatian Coast before reaching Dubrovnik.Today's Distance: 239 mi/ 385 km (B)|
|Day 4||Dubrovnik||Dubrovnik is the best-preserved Croatian medieval city and the liveliest in Dalmatia. Visit the Franciscan Monastery and the Rector's Palace, where the Local Guide will give you a full commentary, including the history of this beautifully preserved medieval architectural wonder-a popular filming location for TV series and movies, including The Last Jedi, James Bond, and Game of Thrones. Sign up for an interesting optional excursion to Konavle. (B)|
|Day 5||Sarajevo||Enjoy a scenic drive into the rugged beauty of the Neretva Valley. Stop in Mostar, where a Local Guide shows you the Turkish Quarter with the Turkish House, the Mosque, and the reconstructed 16th-century bridge. On to Sarajevo, capital of Bosnia-Herzegovina and certainly the most Turkish-looking city in the Balkans-famous for its mosques, markets, and bazaars. Discover the city with a Local Guide and get acquainted with its architectural highlights, including the Gazi Husrev-Beg Mosque.Today's Distance: 199 mi/ 320 km (B,D)|
|Day 6||SARAJEVO-PLITVICE NATIONAL PARK, CROATIA||Travel north today back into Croatia to visit the country's famous Plitvice National Park. Enjoy a walk with a Local Guide through the breathtaking scenery of this natural wonder. Its 16 lakes, wooded hills, waterfalls, and cascades make it one of Europe's best loved national parks.Today's Distance: 208 mi/ 335 km (B,D)|
|Day 7||PLITVICE-ZAGREB-LJUBLJANA, SLOVENIA||Get to know Croatia's capital on the included city tour. The city is packed with historic buildings, such as the Gothic-style St. Marcus Church. Continue to Ljubljana, where a Local Guide will help you appreciate its imperial beauty.Today's Distance: 196 mi/ 315 km (B)|
|Day 8||Ljubljana||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) ? please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).